Heritage experts have been working long hours to figure out what’s actually in the $1.1 trillion, 1,603-page “cromnibus” spending bill released last night.
A few things they’ve learned. The bill
- Funds most of the federal government through September 30, 2015 while extending funding for the Department of Homeland Security until February 27, 2015.
- Does not block funding for President Obama’s amnesty.
- Makes only minor tweaks to Obamacare, but leaves the big-government health program otherwise intact.
- Continues the education spending spree, and in fact increases spending on K-12 and higher education.
- Fails to make storage of nuclear waste a priority.
More updates are sure to come as our experts work through the massive bill before tomorrow’s expected vote. Get all the latest from Heritage experts on The Daily Signal.
Want to read the bill yourself? Heritage’s Genevieve Wood offers tips on how to read bills like this.
Do you think this bill advances your conservative principles?