More than twenty conservative lawmakers came to The Heritage Foundation this week to participate in Heritage Action for America’s second annual Conservative Policy Summit. The event helped unify conservatives around a positive agenda, including a 192-page book of policy recommendations from Heritage Foundation experts.
The lawmakers who attended have introduced innovative, principled conservative legislation. They agree with Heritage Action — The Heritage Foundation’s sister organization — that for too long the agenda in Washington has been defined by well-connected special interests, not the conservative principles that help the American people. That’s why the Summit focused around the theme of “opportunity for all, favoritism for none.” It’s also why Heritage Action is advocating for practical policy agendas that create opportunities for all Americans and don’t pick favorites.
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) gave a stirring speech about the ten ways conservative principles can make American lives better. Watch the video above.
The other lawmakers who participated included Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY), Rep. Tom Price (R-GA), Rep. Todd Rokita (R-IN), Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-SC), Rep. Dave Brat (R-VA), Rep. Ken Buck (R-CO), Rep. Barry Loudermilk (R-GA), Rep. Gary Palmer (R-AL), Rep. John Ratcliffe (R-TX), and Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH).
And the press was all over it. Here are just a few of the clips that have come out this week:
- Roll Call – New Republicans Take Aim at Familiar Target: Establishment GOP
- Associated Press – Cruz: GOP ‘Will Get Walloped’ Without Action on Obamacare
- Daily Signal – 60 Seconds With Ted Cruz: How Should GOP Handle Homeland Security Funding in Wake of Paris Terror Attacks?
- Politico – Ted Cruz on Mitt Romney: No need for ‘mushy middle’
- MSNBC: Ted Cruz slams Obama: Why didn’t the president go to Paris?
- National Journal – Ted Cruz Just Auditioned to Be the Right’s Bold Leader in 2016, and Conservatives Loved It
- Daily Signal – There Hasn’t Been One Since 2001. Can This New Budget Chair Deliver a Balanced Budget?
- WSJ – Ted Cruz Jabs Romney
- Washington Times: GOP Rep. Rokita: Union wage bill could be part of minimum wage discussion
- The Hill – New Republican chairman eyes shorter path to balanced budget
- Fiscal Times – House GOP Ready to Play Chicken with Obama over DHS Funding
- Huffington Post – Conservative ‘Opportunity For All’ Policy Summit Features Only Male Lawmakers
Do you think America is ready for real conservative leadership?