January 3, 2014
Considering the focus on pop culture and celebrity minutiae in 2013, you would be forgiven for concluding that the ruin of American culture is upon us. But, despite the many signs to the contrary, there really are some ways in which American culture has improved in the last 20 years.
The Heritage Foundation’s Leslie Ford lists the five most encouraging ways our American culture has changed for the better:
- Americans are more pro-life than ever before.
- There has been a decrease in the number of teens in trouble.
- Seventy-five percent of Americans are religious.
- Americans are volunteering more.
- Marriages are lasting longer.
That means more Americans value stable families, traditional values, and strong communities. So we conservatives have much to look forward to in 2014.
Do you think conservative values will continue to be strengthen in 2014?