May 12, 2014
The media are covering the announcement that Heritage will launch The Daily Signal next month to reach more Americans with a conservative message.
Here’s a roundup of some of the reporting:
- Politico explains that Heritage “is planning to launch a new news service that will cater to a conservative audience.”
- Bloomberg says The Daily Signal could help Heritage reach new audiences.
- Poynter, a website about journalism, says The Daily Signal doesn’t have the limitations of many other news sites.
- USA Today says Heritage is “hoping to assert itself as another influential voice in the conservative media.”
- Mediate reports that The Daily Signal will be “free of ‘wild, liberal bias.'”
- Capital New York offers a more skeptical take.
- In the Capital notes that The Daily Signal is aiming to reach Millennials.
- The Nation, a liberal magazine, says The Daily Signal is “(yet another) right wing news site.”
- The Wall Street Journal says The Daily Signal “will aim to fill what its creators see as a void in American journalism. “
- Gawker notes that the site will be free of advertising.
- Free Speech TV says, tongue in cheek, that it “just can’t wait” for The Daily Signal.
- The Washington Post includes the news about The Daily Signal in a daily roundup
- The American Prospect, a left-wing magazine, says The Daily Signal is a sign of conservative desperation.
- The Washington Times says The Daily Signal will be “an aggressive and straightforward news site created by the Heritage Foundation and aimed at the computers, tablets and mobile devices of an increasingly alarmed public.”
- TPM reports that “The Heritage Foundation wants a piece of the digital news pie.”